Industrial Distribution - Bimba
Bimba’s new Non-Rotating Original Line stainless steel body air cylinder design consists of a unique square piston rod with rounded corners. The square rod prevents rotation better than other rod configurations, and the rounded corners provide longer seal life than conventional hexagon rods. The unusual geometry of the square rod also provides superior rotation control
- All bore sizes have a rotational control of less than or equal to + 3 degrees
- Bore sizes for the non-rotating cylinders are 9/16”, ¾”, 1- 1/16”, 1 ½”, 2”, 2 ½”
- Available in Double Acting and Reverse Acting models
- Dimensionally interchangeable with the standard Original Line stainless steel cylinder
- High strength aluminum alloy rod guide
- Urethane-based rod seal
- 250 PSI maximum pressure rating
- Buna N “U” cup piston seal
For applications that have severe space constraints, Bimba’s round, square, non-rotating Flat Line cylinders provide the perfect solution. These compact and repairable cylinders offer unequaled design, versatility and reliable performance.
- Longer piston seal life
- Precision machined, anodized aluminum alloy heads
- Oil impregnated bronze rod bushing is standard in all models
- 304 stainless steel cylinder body with a mirror finish I.D.
- Stainless steel fights corrosion and scoring from dirt particles
- Ground and polished 303 stainless steel piston rod
- High strength piston to rod connection
Original Line Rod Lock
The Line Rod Lock, which is typically a clamped unit, holds the piston rod in position when air pressure is not present.
The cylinder has dowel pins that ride in the cam groove. When air pressure is present, piston actuates and dowel pins follow cam to open position, allowing piston rod to travel freely through clamp. In the absence of pressure, the spring actuates the piston and dowels follow to closed position, activating the rod clamp
- Bore sizes are 3/4", 1-1/16", 1-1/2 ", and 2"
Pneu-Turn® Rotary Actuator
For applications that require a high-quality rotary actuator at a great price, Bimba’s Pneu-Turn® Rotary Actuator may be the answer. Many catalog options are available; from angle adjustments to oil service seals to high temperature options. Our rotary actuators are handy for transferring, clamping, bending, turning, screwing and camming applications.
- The Pneu-Turn angles of rotation are 45°, 90°, 180°, 270°, and 360°
- Self-lubricating shaft bearings
- Buna “N” U-cup piston seals
- Angle adjustment is an option that allows 45° of adjustability
- 9/16”, ¾”, 1-1/16” , 1 ½”, 2” bore sizes
Extruded Linear Thruster
The Bimba Extruded Thruster is a rugged, guided actuator with a cylinder integral to the thruster block. The sleek body incorporates switch mounting, for a clean, space-efficient package
- 12mm, 16mm, 20mm, 25mm, 32mm bore sizes
- 140 PSI maximum pressure rating
- Expected service life stretches to 1,500 miles
Ultran Band Rodless Cylinders
Providing one of the highest coupling strengths on the market, the design of Bimba’s rodless cylinders keep out metal chips and other leak causing contaminants for longer cylinder life.
- Stainless steel cover strip protects sealed area, prolonging life.
- Unique five-ported endcaps provide maximum flexibility.
- All models come switch-ready with finely adjustable cushioning.
- Available in a variety of bore sizes with stroke lengths up to 3m (10 ft).
- Perfect for door opening, material handling/conveying, packaging and palletizing.
- Variety of Mounting Kits available for use with each basic cylinder.
- Bore sizes: 18mm, 25mm, 32mm, 40mm, 50mm, and 63mm.
To request a quote or contact a sales representative click here.