Improved Reliability Through Cleaner Fuel:
The Power Drives (PDI) /Schroeder Fuel Filtration Solution
The driving force in Diesel Fuel Filtration are the requirements that Tier 3 and 4 engines will need to meet to lower particulate entrainment levels, as well as reduced tolerance for entrained water. Non Tier 4 locomotives will also benefit by removing particulates that cause wear and tear and malfunctions of critical components, enhancing the life of the locomotive.
Three Key Characteristics of any Filter
- Dirt Holding Capacity: Amount of debris the elements can hold. This dictates service life of the elements between change-outs.
- Efficiency: How effective is the element at removing particulate (ISO Code 4406 looks at three specific particle size ranges < 4 micron, < 6 micron and < 14 micron)
- Pressure Drop: Amount of resistance in PSI the fuel must overcome to travel through the element. Lower pressure drops equal improved fuel flow
|PDI Global Accounts Manager Eric Knechtel with the new locomotive fuel filtration
system developed between Power Drives and Schroeder Industries.
Advantages of the Power Drives / Schroeder Fuel Filtration Elements
- A fully synthetic design with dual layered media.
- Increases Dirt Holding capacity by 242% vs. OEM filter
- Efficiency 99.98% of particle @ 4 micron or greater
- Clean Pressure Drop reduced by more than 50%
- Doubles the life between change-outs
- Over 50% reduction in maintenance installation time
- Improved cleanliness per ISO code, which exceeds Tier 4 locomotive requirements
- Lower maintenance costs and better performance
- Twice the service life with low ΔP
Physical Enhancements of the Fuel Filtration Elements
- Includes improved end cap design and handle
- More robust end cap prevents deformation
- Allows element to sit flush and seal properly
- Corrects common misalignment problems