The PowerHouse™ Idle Reduction Technology
Idle reduction technology has been identified as one of the easiest and most effective solutions to reduce noise, fuel costs, and emissions in the rail industry without significantly impacting railroad operations. The PowerHouse™ from Power Drives doesn’t reduce idling, we eliminate it.
Engineered in collaboration with one of the world’s leading diesel locomotive manufacturers, the PowerHouse™ is a revolutionary idle reduction technology – significantly decreasing the energy wasted through idling. Its unique design allows for easy installation, immediately delivering the benefits of increased fuel savings and reduced noise and air pollution:
- Heats and circulates water or coolant through the locomotive engine block and cooling system to maintain a temperature of above 100°F, even in the coldest of temperatures.
- Compact PowerHouse™ units require significantly less fuel than the idling locomotive engine, leading to lower costs and increased fuel savings for a rapid return on your investment.
- Available as a diesel-powered Auxiliary Power Unit version with a durable Tier 4 compliant Kubota® engine or as a 120/240 VAC version operating from an external power source.
- Helps railroads comply with U.S. and global emission standards. Designed for convenient set-up, installation, and maintenance – reducing the need for train crew interface.
- Operates in the harshest of conditions with proven dependability.
As part of our ongoing commitment to innovation, the PowerHouse APU includes standard remote monitoring.
With this feature, you can access real-time operating data that shows how your system is performing through the
PowerHouse™ Dashboard displayed on your computer, tablet, or smart phone. Key features include:
- Accessible anytime – anywhere
- Real-time maintenance updates and more
- Visible fuel savings
Visit powerdrives.com or dieselwarming.com for more information.